The September edition of Blackbeard's Epitaph is available to read, download or print. Please click here.
Bill Green - 08/31/2015
Our Membership Application Form has been revised to accommodate the new Intermediate Membership class. The new form is available online from the Members | Club Documents page. Paper copies are also available in the Clubhouse. As a brief refresher, please make note of the Membership process as outlined here:
- Application for membership requires two sponsors who must be current members in good standing. One of the sponsors has to have been a member for more than one year. These members will explain the basics of the Club and will act as mentors.
- Once the prospective Member and his/her sponsors have filled out the Application form, one of your sponsors should ensure that it reaches the Membership Committee.
- The Membership Committee will schedule an interview with the prospective Member—an informal discussion to determine what their expectations are and to explain more about BSC.
- The next step will be to email names and addresses to the members at large who will have 10 days to contact a member of the Board of Directors with any questions.
- At the next BOD meeting, the prospective Members’s name will be submitted for approval.
- Once approved, the Membership Committee will schedule an orientation session. We usually wait until we have 4 candidate families before scheduling orientation.
Dave Whitney - 07/08/2015
Hurricane Irene has taught us a lesson: We can never be too prepared for a major storm! Thirteen boats in the trees. Dock boxes and dinghy racks thrown around like matchsticks. We could have been better prepared!
Boat US publlishes Preparing Baots and Marinas for Hurricanes which can be found under "Tips | Hurricane Prep".
Every member should review this document!
Bill Green - 09/05/2011
The gate should never be left open after dark! If you are not sure whether you’re the last person on site, then please assume you are and close the gate!
If you don’t know how to do this, please ask a Board member who will be happy to assist. The security of the Club’s assets (and every member’s assets) is the responsibility of each and every one of us.
Bill Green - 08/03/2010
The Club's permit issued by the NC Alcoholic Beverage Commission is at risk if members do not comply with the ABC Commission rules. Every member who brings beer, wine or liquor on the premises must have the items under their control at all times.
If you bring alcoholic beverages to the club house, please bring them in a small cooler or bag with your name on it. DO NOT place alcoholic beverages in the refrigerators. We have been given one warning in the past. Do not be the member that causes our permit to be revoked.
Bill Green - 08/02/2010